Welcome to the BEA!
We are the professional organization for the teachers in the Bow School District. Over 80% of all the professionals in our district belong to this organization and we have represented the professional employees of this district since the early 1980's. We are proud of our history and our role in the development of the Bow School System.
The purposes of the Bow Education Association (NEA, NEA-NH, BEA) shall be:
- To develop and promote the professional interests and concerns of the members.
- To work for the welfare of school children, the advancement of education and the improvement of the instructional opportunities for all.
- To promote professional attitudes and ethical conduct among teachers.
- To encourage teachers to exercise their rights and privileges as citizens and to provide leadership in civil affairs.
- To represent its members in their relations with their employer.
- To enable members to speak with a common voice on matters pertaining to the teaching profession and to present their individual and common interests before the Bow School Board and other legal authorities.
- To hold property and funds for the attainment of NEA, NEA-NH, BEA purposes.
How this translates:
We represent pofessional employees iin negotiating a collective bargaining agreement and support them when they need help or have questions concerning the agreement.
We coordinate activities such as an annual Red Cross blood drive, Read Across America, and American Education Week. We provide community holiday baskets and scholarships to college-bound seniors.
We make sure our members have the information they need to be productive and valuable members of the Bow Community.